I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life - I want to share my appreciation in order to feel it clearer and more intensely. Most things are too personal to share on a public blog, so I will mostly write about films and music. I appreciate these art forms because they have a dream-like quality that helps me transcend the confinement of day-to-day numbness, and experience depth and wholeness.
There are a few simple rules
- Brevity: I want to keep each entry at about 1000 characters. I want to lower the barrier and hope I can make writing more of a habit that way. By focusing on brevity I want to capture the essence of the reasons for appreciation.
- Personal: Entries will be strictly personal. I'm not a film or music critic, so I will not drop names or use expert language, and I will not research. I will make a personal connection by interweaving descriptions with memories. Everything you read about here comes from first hand sensory experience.
- » Randy Newman - Good Old Boys (1974)
- » Neil Young - Harvest (1972)
- » Tom Lehrer - The Remains Of Tom Lehrer (1953-1965)
- » Whitehorse - The Fate Of The World Depends On This Kiss (2012)
- » Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine (1992)